is your chance to win a weekend vacation Friday, July 21 to Sunday, July 23, 2017 (PRIME vacation season!!) in this gorgeous 1740s plantation house in King William, VA featuring a beautiful view of the Mattaponi River, rolling pastoral lands, and six gorgeously furnished guest bedrooms! Retail value is over $2000!!!
THIS AUCTION WILL END AT 10PM EDT ON SUNDAY, APRIL 30.
This is a reserve auction -- the reserve price has been met.
The current high bid is: $700.00
Click here to place your bid on the plantation house vacation.
(bid increments must be at least $50)
North Point Plantation offers one of the quietest, most peaceful settings anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic, yet its proximity to important Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields, museums and other historic sites, wineries, as well as canoeing, kayaking, fishing, hunting, birding, and guided nature tours make it the perfect destination for a Virginia country vacation, weekend getaway, wedding, or other special event.
The former 3,000 acre, 18th century plantation is 40 minutes from downtown Richmond, Va., less than an hour from Colonial Williamsburg, 90 minutes from Monticello, Jefferson's home in Charlottesville, and less than two hours from Washington, D.C. The major Civil War battle of Cold Harbor was fought just 20 miles from North Point. One of Virginia's top family attractions, Kings Dominion Amusement Park, is just a 25 minute drive, and Saudé Creek and New Kent Wineries are each about half an hour away.
Built in typical 18th century Virginia tidewater colonial style, the house is one-room deep (interior brick walls are 29 inches thick), with windows facing front, back, and side, so that the gently flowing Mattaponi River fills nearly every view from inside the house. Outside, whether fishing, practicing yoga, drinking champagne, playing touch football or croquet, or just relaxing on the dock, the Mattaponi soothes the mind and spirit.
This fabulous vacation house features:
- Spectacular 6-bedroom house (sleeps 12), which provides excellent accommodations for families and/or close friends. Includes two bedroom suites, both with fireplaces.
- Fully appointed gourmet kitchen.
- Patio grill.
More house information:
- Infants and well-behaved children over 6 preferred.
- No smoking and no pets.
- Must receive prior approval from homeowner about inviting guests other than those staying overnight.
- Check in at 4 pm on Friday. Check out at noon on Sunday.
- Board games, movies, puzzles, chess and more.
Want more information?
- Learn all about this historic house at http://www.northpointplantation.com/